- Parents must commit to respecting and honoring school policies, systems, procedures, work plans, placements, and staff arrangements. Additionally, we ask that parents reinforce compliance with school regulations as well as work collaboratively with teachers on campus to achieve greater results.
- It is expected that students attend classes on scheduled school days. In the event that primary school students are absent over 45 days in a school year they will not be eligible for term reports or a graduation degree at the end of the school year.
- It is expected that parents/guardians provide us clear and accurate information regarding their child’s health and keep us up to date to help maintain a safe environment on campus. In the event of a medical emergency, FIS will try to notify parents/guardians as soon as possible. If parents/guardians cannot be contacted, we will attempt to resolve the situation.
- Sick children are not permitted to attend school to avoid the spread of germs. For extended absences due to sickness and/or contagious illnesses, rashes, etc., a doctor’s note stating that the child is fit to return to regular FIS program is required and may also be required for siblings.
- Parents/Guardians are required to notify school immediately should they know that their child(ren) will be absent from FIS for any reason.
- It is expected that parents/guardians must show the FIS Pick-Up Card to pick up students. Parents who nominate someone else to pick up their child from school must inform and provide their individual’s photo Identification Card (Passport, Driver’s License, Resident Card) to FIS Administration. FIS School staff will not release a child until identification has been validated.
- The school is not liable for anything that occurs once a child is released to parents/guardians.
- In an effort to ensure food safety at school, we ask that students not bring food on campus.
- If a student is responsible for property damage on campus, parents need to replace or provide compensation to cover damages. The school is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen student belongings.
- The school may use photos or videos containing your child(ren) for marketing or advertisement purposes (ex: Facebook, school website, school banner).
- The school reserves the right to refuse services to any student on campus. Any behavior by a parent/guardian that could be characterized as hostile/aggressive will not be tolerated as well as any behavior detrimental to the school ( staff, teachers, students).
- The school is open to your thoughts and suggestions regarding school activities as long as they can be communicated in a civil and respectful manner.
Regarding refunds and charges
- Prior to August 16, 2021: if provided at least a 20 days’ written notice to the FIS Administrative Office, a 95% reimbursement will be applied.
- After the school year begins a refund will only be applied for those who have provided payment for the full year cost of tuition. Details below:
- If provided at least a 30 days’ written notice to the FIS Administration Office, a 50% reimbursement will be applied.
- If a 30 days’ written notice is not provided, no reimbursement will be applied under any circumstances.
- Under any circumstances, if the school closes unexpectedly, tuition fees will be refunded according to a numbers of days the school has been closed. If the student is absent for any personal reason, there will be no refund provided.
- School closure due to environmental factors (natural disaster, pandemic):
- Due to unpredictable circumstances, we are unable to offer the “make-up” option for continued learning. So, please note that Online Distance Learning is compulsory for ALL STUDENTS, when advised by DOET. Teachers will develop online-appropriate methods in order for students to complete their academic programs.
- The online learning fee and refund will be informed to the parents. Details:
- Nursery: 20%, refund 80%
- K1: 25%, refund 75%
- K2: 35%, refund 65%
- Kindergarten: 55%, refund 45%
- Primary: 70%, refund 30%
- After-school clubs and ESL Services: if a student is absent due to personal reasons, no refund will be provided. If a class or a lesson gets cancelled by the school, a refund will be provided according to the number of days cancelled.
- Lunch Fee: If a student is absent for 3 or more days an FIS Leave Form must be filled out for the lunch fee to be refunded according to the number of days a student is absent. No refund will be provided without an FIS Leave Form being completed and returned to the FIS Administrative Office.
- All the study material fees (books, online account, application) are non-refundable.
- If the school does not receive your payment on-time, we will have to apply a late fee in accordance with the school policy and/or have to stop providing service to your child.
- Parents will be charged a late fee of 350.000 VND for every 15 minutes after the pick-up time of 4.30 pm.
- A grace period of 05 days will be applied; after 05 days the following charges and fees will be applied:
- Late 6-10 days: charge 2% towards the total fee
- Late 11-15 days: charge 5% towards the total fee
- Late more than 15 days: charge an additional 1% on each late day towards the total fee
- FIS will stop providing services to students after payment has not been received for 22 days.
- Students can return to campus only when payment has been made and with the FIS School Principal’s approval.
Terms of payment
- Following the Department of Education & Training’s mandates/requests to “Promote non-cash tuition payment”, we encourage all parents to pay tuition other fees by other means: credit card or bank transfer.