We’re looking for this candidate position:
Job Description: Classroom Lead Teacher
Report to: FIS Academic Director
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Oversee the safety and wellbeing of all students while they are under the school’s care.
- Create lesson plans and integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into these plans.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities. Create instructional resources as needed.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance. Modify and create Common Core-aligned assessments.
- Maintain online and paper records, grade papers and perform administrative duties as needed.
- Prepare and distribute required reports on time.
- Supervise the Assistant Teacher(s) (AT) assigned to their classroom in assigned and shared tasks.
- With ATs help students with daily care and hygiene needs. For Nursery, this includes diapers and feeding.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Regular communication with parents, including meetings as required and greeting in the morning.
- Submit and maintain ESL Assessments and Individual Educational Plans for particular students in need.
- Tutor students on an individual basis as needed (during working hours).
- Coordinate and plan two of the school events and/or activity days during the academic year.
- Plan for and prepare the class for special event performances.
- Run at least one after-school club per calendar year.
- Participate in all staff meetings, team building activities and company-wide events.
- Take responsibility for actively planning and participating in continuing professional development.
- Applicants must possess a passport from a native English speaking country.
- Bachelor’s Degree (education, psychology or related field) from a native English speaking country.
- 3 years’ teaching experience, with evidence of highly professional conduct.
- Dedication to learn and grow as an educator.
- Ability to express opinions, concerns, and observations.
- Be flexible, understanding, approachable and sympathetic in sensitive situations.
- Possess the necessary skills needed for working in a team-oriented environment.
- Be able to appropriately handle feedback and make modifications as suggested.
- Ability to implement techniques and systems that foster and encourage growth for young learners.
- Relevant Master’s Degree.
- Relevant teaching qualifications: UK PGCE/QTS, US Certificate/License, or equivalent.
- Experience instructing at Preschool level.
- Experience dealing with multinational groups of students.
- Experience working with children with social or behavioral developmental delays.
FIS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; police record checks and references will be required.
Please Print the Document, Sign / Date it, Scan it, and promptly return to: firstname.lastname@example.org