FOSCO International School (FIS)
Job Description: PE/Swim instructor
Reports to: FIS Academic Director
- Create an environment that fosters, promotes and develops an understanding of the relationship between healthy body function and exercise.
- Helps develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual and and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge and strategies of formal sports, games, rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and makes safety checks on equipment and field areas to ensure the overall safety of students.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge and contribution in team sports.
- Help teach and coach people of all ages and abilities to develop swimming skills, technique, and confidence in the water.
- Work in collaboration with Lifeguard, Assistant Teachers and School personnel, to ensure that students are able to swim in a safe environment.
- Plan and deliver lessons ensuring adherence to the scheme of work and lesson plans.
- Create lesson plans and integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into these plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student’s performance. Modify and create Common Core-aligned assessments.
- Prepare and distribute required reports on time.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
- Tutor students on an individual basis as needed.
- Supervise the Assistant Teacher(s) (AT) assigned to their classroom in assigned and shared tasks.
- Coordinate and plan two of the school events and/or activity days during the academic year.
- Run after-school clubs as directed by the Academic Director.
- Participate in all staff meetings and team building activities.
- Participate in professional development and training.
****This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Academic Director/School Principal may assign additional job duties and responsibilities at any time to help meet the needs of the program.
- Applicants must possess a passport from a native English speaking country.
- Bachelor’s Degree (physical education, psychology or related field) from a native English speaking country.
- 3 years teaching experience, with evidence of excellent professional conduct.
- Ability to adhere to the school’s code of conduct.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
- Dedication to learn and grow as an educator.
- Be flexible, understanding, approachable and sympathetic in sensitive situations.
- Possess the necessary skills needed for working in a team-oriented environment.
- Be able to appropriately handle feedback and make modifications as suggested.
- Relevant Master’s Degree.
- Certified by the American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA).
- American Red Cross First Aid, CPR & AED.
- Relevant teaching certifications/qualifications: UK PGCE/QTS, US Certificate/License, or equivalent.
- Experience instructing US Common Core subjects at Elementary level.
- Experience dealing with multinational groups of students.
- Experience working with children with social or behavioral challenges.
The information above may not fully describe all possibilities of responsibility.
- Interested applicants should submit their documents by e-mailing them directly to:
Mr. Nick – Academic Director (Tel: 028 3930 930. EXT: 022).
Please fill in and return to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All documents must be submitted, incomplete applications will not be considered.